The People Bank, a division of Design Group Staffing is currently recruiting an experienced Power Engineer 2 for our client in Winnipeg, Manitoba
· The Second Class Power Engineer (client will accept a level 3 enrolled in 2nd level classes) will be required to work a continental shift (rotating 12 hour shifts, developed among team of power engineers).
· This position is accountable to maintain, monitor and check refrigeration and steam equipment.
· Participate in plant machine repairs and installations.
· Experienced in high/low pressure heating plants and institutional maintenance
· The successful candidate will interface with necessary contractual and inspection departments for corrective requirements and carry out work requests and apply corrective measures utilizing a computerized maintenance system.
· The incumbent will complete preventative maintenance on all power-house components, including refrigeration and operate in local health and safety and food safety programs.
· Clean and lubricate machinery and components, maintain daily log of operation, maintenance and safety activities
· Write plant or building operation reports
· Mechanical knowledge; including repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of a large ammonia refrigeration system, boiler, and pre-treatment plant and knowledge of operation, repair, and maintenance of a Natural Gas Fired Steam Boiler system are needed.
· Must be mechanically inclined with the desire to take responsibility for a power plant
· Communication skills are essential. Must be able to speak, write and follow written instructions in English
· Experience in the use of computers, peripherals and various standard office software applications
· It is essential to have familiarity with system-computer interfacing, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and have proven ability to work in a team environment.
· Knowledge of PLC systems is considered an asset.
· Power Engineer 3 must demonstrate a willingness and ability to progress to a minimum of 2nd Class Power Engineer
· A valid Second Class Standardized Power Engineering Certificate or equivalent is required.
· Standard Benefits Package,
· Pension Plan after 2 years of employment
· Annual profit sharing program
Compensation: $72K+ or $35 per/hr DOQ
If you are qualified for this role, please send your resume and certificates to Marnie Tod via Email: email@example.com
The People Bank would like to thank everyone for their interest; however, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
We encourage you to visit our website at www.thepeoplebank.com regularly to stay up-to-date on new career opportunities.